URGENT: LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES, PLEASE RESPOND
OBJECT TO THIS PLANNING APPLICATION IMMEDIATELY
What you need to know:
Who is David Graham?
The single 80-year-old sole occupant of The Old Court House, 1A Walton Street, who is planning to create a mega basement. This is one of his many properties at which he spends very little time!
A similar attempt for planning application was made in 2012 and was withdrawn following huge adverse publicity.
If the mega basement goes ahead, it will have serious and severe consequences for both businesses and residents in your neighbourhood.
- Businesses will be forced to close; restaurants, galleries and shops will lose their clients.
- Children walking to and from local schools such as Hill House, Sussex House and Knightsbridge will be directly affected and impacted.
- Traffic will be brought to a standstill on Walton Street and will cause problems in and around the entire area.
David Graham does not care whether your neighbourhood becomes a wasteland - do you?
Use the red buttons at the top and bottom of this page to compose an email to RBKC. The subject line should already contain the case reference (PP/17/00133), as well as the address (1A Walton Street - The Old Court House), which must be included.
Key points for objection:
- The applicant’s property already has a basement, built after which planning permission was granted in 2000. A second basement is therefore prohibited (according to CL7 of Council Policy).
- No Traffic Management Plan will protect residents from heavy construction vehicles in an already congested area.
- The air pollution and noise will be excessive and intolerable.
- Local businesses may need to close down, affecting both employees and business owners.
- The works are intended to go on for at least 2 years with up to 20 movements per day, delivering concrete and removing waste via heavy 30 foot lorries.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST ACT BY FEBRUARY 10TH!!